Senior Software Engineer – Web Development
ABUV Media is a quickly growing, private equity-backed online publishing company. Our goal is to help consumers make informed decisions about complicated topics such as higher education, careers, and personal finances. We do this by building well-researched online resources with best-in-class interactive tools.
ABUV has offices in the San Francisco Bay Area, in the Lake Tahoe/Reno, NV area and teams spread across the world. The location for this role is Reno, NV.
- Contribute to all phases of software lifecycle.
- Design, develop, enhance, test front and back-end applications.
- Build scalable websites
- Optimize existing code for improved load speeds and response times.
- Collaborate with teams, product management, and leadership throughout the company to take current web sites to next level, including working on new websites.
- Maintain and improve existing software and architecture
- Mentor and cultivate the growth of more junior development team members
- Learn new technologies to foster the growth of the development team and company at large.
- All other duties as deemed fit by the department and company leadership.
- At least 7 years of professional work experience in software development.
- Significant experience in Node.js, Angular or React.
- Experience in scripting languages such as Python.
- Experience in developing a front-end web application framework especially with emphasis on responsive web design and mobile-first approaches.
- Ability to handle new design, write new scalable code, fix existing design and code with emphasis on increased performance.
- Understanding of user experience and design principles.
- Personal motivation to seek out and learn new technologies, understand and adjust to the culture and environment of a fast-paced Silicon Valley style start-up.
Helpful, But Not Required:
- Experience in WordPress, SQL Server.
- Experience in SEO factors that affect content and SERP.
- Experience developing in an Agile team environment with short delivery sprint cycles
- Experience dealing with remotely located teams.
- Experience with any automated web application testing tools such as Selenium, JMeter, Load runner or other performance/load testing tools.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.