Director of Sales, Content Marketing
ABUV Media (www.abuvmedia.com) is growing! We’re a fast-paced, private equity-backed online publishing company helping consumers make informed decisions about complicated topics such as personal finance, careers, and higher education. ABUV’s incredible success was recently highlighted by Inc. 500 and we’re looking for an exceptional individual to join our team.
We have an immediate opening for a Director of Sales (DoS), who will play a leading role in developing and executing successful, long-term sales strategies in the online content marketing space. The DoS should have in-depth sales experience and a passion for leveraging email and phone sales techniques to close a high volume of relevant targets each day.
The DoS will work closely with the editorial and marketing teams to ensure consistent results throughout the entire content -> marketing -> sales pipeline.
- Develop a set of core sales techniques to maximize results of our content marketing strategies
- Disseminate sales techniques to a team of 6 – 8 inside sales representatives. Train team and track progress.
- Measure sales and margin against quarterly and yearly goals, and prepare forecasts.
- Work with our marketing team to develop marketing campaigns that drive customer actions
- Work with our software team to create tools needed scale out sales efforts
- Work with our reporting team to collect, analyze, and communicate KPI data to fuel decision making
- Work with leadership to create appropriately aggressive short-term and long-term sales goals for the team and the company
- Serve as an ambassador of energy and competition within the sales team. Think dashboards, cow bells, leaderboards, and other tools and techniques
- Stay up-to-date with digital technology developments
- Proven work experience as Senior Sales Manager or Sales Director
- Experience designing and implementing high ROI sales techniques in an online environment
- Strong understanding of how all current digital marketing & key sales channels function, especially the email channel
- Solid knowledge of online sales tools and best practices
- Hands on experience with SEO/SEM, Google Analytics and CRM software
- Excellent analytical and project management skills
- Strong team management and communication (written and verbal) skills
- BS degree in Marketing, Digital technologies or relevant field
Marketing: 1 – 3 years
Sales: 5 – 6 years
Job Type: Full-time
A benefits package that includes:
- Competitive salaries
- UNCAPPED commission structure for high earnings potential
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Paid time off
- 401K program
- Career growth and unlimited opportunities
- Fun office environment with team building events, happy hours, and more